Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Greatest Gift of All

Mr. Christmas-Larry at Natalie's and Joe's House
Of course, the greatest gift of all is HEALTH. Without your health, you've got nothing (or 'bubkes' as my Grandma used to say). The second greatest gift I have is a happy, well-adjusted husband who adores me. Larry is truly a joy. He is like a child at Christmas. I always have to include some sort of toy, book or CD boxed set with his gifts. He gleefully, plays with his new toys all day. This year I included the Donovan Boxed Set; a Wallace and Gromit toy from the latest movie; Rockford Socks with sock monkey directions and then the usual dress socks, corderoy shirts and assorted t-shirts.
Larry gifted me with some wonderful presents, including some new palette knives for painting; a can of Dust-Off to clean my keyboard with; a beautifully carved crochet hook and a marvelous set of dessert plates designed by our favorite artist, SHAG commemorating Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. I don't have the plates yet, they are on order, but I've included photos of the prints below. Santa brought me a beautiful little porcelain box of my beloved Farmers Market iconic clock tower. It was truly a fun-filled holiday!
This week, I'm gearing up for the family Chanukah party! Latkes to fry, salmon to poach, apples to cook for applesauce, etc. Many of my cousins and aunts are bringing elements for the dinner too. The big thing is just dusting, vacuuming and getting our house people-ready for the party! Oy! Happy New Year everyone!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:45 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Awesome stuff! You and Larry are good eggs.

 
At 10:51 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have the SHAG Disneyland coffee mugs! I got them at one of the souvenier shops at Disneyland. SHAG is so great!

Jane
Buena Park

 
At 5:16 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Disneyland plates! Where can you order them?

 
At 4:40 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Amy...
I think you have to actually go to Disneyland to get the SHAG plates. My husband, Larry, ordered them from e-bay, but it looked suspicious when we received the package...it was sent from Disney stores, in Disney packing. Someone that works there must have bought them and sent the plates thru his office mail...charging us about $40 more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery