Friday, May 05, 2006

Isabella, I Heart You!

Covert Photo - Fiores @ Nordstrom's
Yes, I know that I'm truly obsessed. Last night I got to the WeHo SnB early, so I walked over to The Grove from The Farmers Market. There's a Nordstrom's at the end of the block. They have a faboo handbag department. I saw the coveted Isabella Fiore handbag that I've been trying to copy. Wow! In person, it's even more gorgeous than in the fashion magazine photos! I felt like Agent 99 or Honey West in Nordstrom's, clicking secret pix of the bags. The big hobo that I like is $600. The medium-sized bag is $400 and the really small, tiny bag is $300.
It was very enlightening seeing the bag in person. Now I know that there are crocheted flowers on only ONE side of the bag. The original bag is constructed so beautifully, that I could never reproduce it. I can only try to duplicate the look, not the functionality of the bag. Sigh.
This weekend I'm going to a small neighborhood swap meet in Santa Monica with some friends to score some vintage costume jewelry. Will report next week. Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurie does the same picture taking too. Aren't you scared that they'll catch you and say "hand over the camera lady?" I know I would be.

Have a great weekend.

Tootles~

 
At 1:22 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) I can't imagine Ellen being afraid of some Nordies' security guard. Just flash 'em that mischievous smile and be on your way.

Great seeing you last nite. You are always such a uplifting personality.

 
At 3:06 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I tried to be unobtrusive when I was photographing the Fiores. Digital cameras make super-sleuthing quite easy!

 
At 3:33 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

The bag that you made is awesome. I like your potholders too.

 
At 6:26 PM PDT, Blogger Lulu said...

wow, beautiful, but oh so expensive..

 
At 12:40 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

When I read this post this is what was going through my head "Drnnndrn...dnrr" Ok, the Mission Impossible theme to the rest of the world! Great super sleuthing and I know your bag will be just as nice, and even better because it's not a waste of money that could be sent to starving children somewhere.

 
At 2:01 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I've started to crochet, I can TOTALLY understand the price tag on the bags - between the luxury price of good yarns, the time figuring it all out and then putting it all together. Even the tiniest of bags is worth $300 OR make it yourself. Congratulations on your Faux Isabella Fiore bag!

 
At 6:48 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, I Love your blog I try to visit every week . Ever since you posted the Isabella Fiore handbags I am completely obsessed they are no easy thing to duplicate. Just wondering if you'd mind telling me what yarn you used on your dupe if the Fiore handbags???? I love the yarn and can't seem to find it anywhere Tx Amy

 
At 8:45 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Amy,
I used yarn from my stash for the Faux Fiore bag. It's all wool, some is Cascade, some is from Uruguay and the rest in mystery-yarn. I crocheted 2 rows of each color and then changed so that the bag would stripe. You might want to try using a self-striping yarn for your bag. I'm working on a bag right now using Noro Kureyon....it stripes and looks great. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery