Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mother's Day

Mark your calendars: Sunday, May 14th is Mother's Day. My Mom recently updated her kitchen and requested potholders as her gift. I'm so lucky...potholders are easy! The kitchen is primarily white with a black slate floor and other black and white touches. I thought that this trio in black and white kitchen cotton would look good. The round, scalloped potholder pattern is here. The other two are just basic crochet patterns.
I always like it when people tell me exactly what they want for a gift. If they don't tell me what they'd like, I usually end up giving something that I know they already have. One of my girlfriends always wears white. If I give her a cute, white t-shirt, she's ecstatic. If I know that someone likes a certain type of tea, then that's what they'll get for a gift from me. This saves me a lot of headaches and indecision and the recipient is always thrilled.
I'll be having the folks over for brunch on that day...an excellent excuse for me to clean the house!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You're such a good daughter. I'm working on a wrap for my "mom" which (1) I know she won't like; and (b) probably won't be completed in time. Oh, well. At least it alleviates my guilt. :)

 
At 11:19 AM PDT, Blogger Bri Ana said...

Yes! My life' mission to be just like Ellen Bloom is working perfectly! MY mother just remodled her kitchen as well - so for mother's day I am flying back to Santa Fe and giving her a ravioli making lesson (as well as helping her to set up her blog). Now I will have to make her potholders as well...

EB - Let me know if this gets to SWF for you. Oh yeah, and I see you tonight at the Farmer's Market. Promise.

 
At 12:02 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

These look mahvelous dahling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery