Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Baby Wears Prada…uh, err, Chanel!

Crocheted Baby Chanel Sweater and Hat
I really enjoy crocheting baby sweaters and hats. This pink Baby Chanel was fun to make. I posted a few days ago about how many of my friends and relatives are expecting soon. So, I’ve been knitting and crocheting lots of baby items. I’m not sure which girlie baby will be the recipient of this creation. My little mannequin is not quite as chubby as a real baby and doesn’t have shoulders (I hear you, Drew and Miss Thang), but you get the idea. A real baby will certainly fill out the sweater better.
The body of the sweater is crocheted with Bernat Satin. The color is “Flamingo.” The trim is Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I purchased the Bernat Satin at the Stitches From The Heart Store in Santa Monica. They have an amazing array of baby yarns for sale. The buttons were purchased at Jo-Ann's.
The main stitch used for the body of the sweater is the granite stitch, in addition to single crochet for the border. The hat is a combination of single, half-double, double, front-post double crochet and popcorn stitches. You can find some great crochet stitch tutorials here. Sorry, but I don't have a written pattern for this outfit. Just start experimenting and go for it!
What’s next? Baby Balenciaga?

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 12:39 PM PDT, Blogger Jason said...

Hi Ellen! The sweater and hat set is totally cute! Fantastic!

 
At 12:50 PM PDT, Blogger Sachi said...

Gorgeous! The hat is just the perfect accessory for this jacket!

 
At 12:50 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jason!
Thanks for the compliments. I'm so glad that we didn't scare you off at the SnB Wig Night last week. Hope to see you tonight at the Farmers Market!

 
At 1:35 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

Fabulous! I vote for Baby Schiaparelli next time. Maybe something in Shocking! pink.

 
At 9:07 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

WOW - This outfit is SO CUTE!!!!

 
At 6:29 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:47 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Lovely as usual! I've always been partial to pink & black.

 
At 7:21 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:01 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that set is SO GORGEOUS!

I love it - well done!

Hope to see you at SnB very soon!

(Aside: Can I use more exclamation points? J/K)

 
At 12:47 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Ellen... any iterest in teaching a crochet sweater class? Let me know.
-Shannita

 
At 3:32 AM PST, Blogger Marifetane hobi said...

"hello happy new year"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery