Thursday, June 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!

Yesterday was Crazy Aunt Purl's birthday! We know her as Laurie. Tonight at the WeHo SnB we are having one huge celebration for Auntie's b-day. In fact, we've all flipped our wig for Crazy Aunt Purl....it's Wig Night at the SnB. Expect a crowd, expect wild wig-hats, expect cake.
Laurie is a revelation to us all. My friend and fellow-knitster, Audrey brought Laurie's blog to my attention. Audrey is always surfing for cool sites. She is L.A.'s high priestess of surfdom. Well, we started reading Laurie's blog and fell in love. We shared her blog with all of our friends. We found out that Laurie was a knitter. We decided to invite her to come to our WeHo SnB one night. We could tell from her blog that she was kinda' hermit-like and might need some coaxing to come on over and join us at the Original Farmers Market.
Finally, in May of 2005 she brought her posse with her and showed up at our Stitch n' Bitch. She was an instant hit with everyone. She's bright, she's funny, she's cute, she's southern, she's insightful, she has endeared herself to everyone.
I can't wait to see you tonight, Laurie Dear and wish you Happy Birthday in person!!!
Note: Most photos in this post were stolen from Laurie's own blog!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I love you! If it weren't for you, I'd never have met so many people, maybe never left my house, certainly never had the guts to show up at snb! Thank you, always.

p.s. Happy pre-birthday to you!!

 
At 2:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen....you guys always have so much fun in L.A. I'm a CAP stalker and I know she'll have a fun birthday. Take lots of pictures of wig night!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 10:07 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, I had to go to my neice's graduation on Thursday and couldn't make it to wig night. Looks like it was a fun night. Sorry I missed it!

 
At 2:50 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

What a sweet tribute to a wonderful gal. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery