Monday, July 31, 2006

Tiny Purses

Darcy's Pucci Bag - Ellen's Crocheted Ensemble for Barbie
I spent a small portion of my weekend photographing the tiny purses that Darcy made as decorations for my birthday celebration. I still own my original Barbie Dolls and many of their accessories and clothes. It was fun dressing up the girls in outfits to go with the darling purses that Darcy made. Barbie is posing in front of her official "Ponytail" Barbie wardrobe case. Sorry about some of the blurry photos, Mr. Larry warned me about that!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pink Vinyl with Silver Dots - Handbag by Darcy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pink Vinyl with Black Organza Flower - Handbag by Darcy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pink Felt Monogrammed Knitting Bag with Yarn and Needles - by Darcy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Black Sequined Clutch with Jeweled Closure - Handbag by Darcy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Barbie's Original Knitting Accessories (1961)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Barbie in a Hoodie, Leggings and Boots Ready to Go Bowling!

Thanks again, Darcy for all of your creativity and generousity!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,
I just love that crocheted Barbie outfit shown with the Pucci handbag. How did you make it? Do you have a pattern? What yarn did you use?

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 2:39 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Judy,

I crocheted that outfit about a year ago out of self-striping sock yarn for Barbie. I just chained an amount of stitches that would fit around her butt, then I used the granite stitch (size "E" hook) and made the skirt. Same thing for the top. It's not easy getting this top over Barbie's big bubble head, so, luckily, my redhead Barbie's head snaps off for easy fitting!

Nicky Epstein wrote 2 great books, "Knitting for Barbie" and "Crocheting for Barbie." They are both very inspirational!

 
At 4:16 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I wish my head could snap off easily. Sigh. ANYWAY, those purses are great. Just next time, have Mr. Larry take the pix for you, okay? :)

 
At 4:09 AM PDT, Blogger Charles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:47 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah....those dolls certainly bring back memories. Now why was it that I gave mine away when I was 16?? I do love the outfit that you made for her.

 
At 11:29 AM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Clearly you didn't have a little sister to ruin your dolls. They look great. I love the handbags. Darcy outdid herself.

 
At 2:05 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Yay, Barbie likes my designs! I know what a label whore she can be and being a project wrong way gal like myself, I am honored.LOL Love your knitted design, cute cute cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery