Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Dishcloths

"Ballband" Knitted Dishcloths
As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I'm still working on some dishcloths. I really like this pattern. Natalie at the WeHo SnB has made quite a few of these too. They are addicting. I was at the Michael's in Burbank, and they have a really good supply of Sugar 'n Cream kitchen cotton available.
After knitting a few of these, I'm not liking the raggedy edges that result from carrying the different color yarn up the side. As you can see in the close-up below, I crocheted an edge on the green and purple cloth. For some reason, this crocheted edge looks wonky to me too. Hmmm? I think the only solution to neatness would be to knit in some sort of border while still slip-stitching the base color up the sides of the cloth, maybe 2 stitches in? I have no clue how to do this. Any suggestions, excellent knitters out there?

I might just try to find a crochet stitch that simulates this pattern.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:15 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I think you may have a too critical eye. Have you tried washing the cloths or using them a few times? I'm thinking the wonkiness may become less obvious.

 
At 12:53 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love the bricks. I'm with the Monkey on the wonkiness.

Say, couldn't you use a single crochet and then do that thing where you pull a loop up from a few rows below and continue crocheting? I'm so good with the names of stitches. I know I did this with an afghan I crocheted a few years ago. Maybe I can find the pattern.

 
At 6:37 PM PDT, Blogger Susan Wike said...

Girl, what's with all the dishcloths? Why not get a dishwasher and use that yarn for a designer knock-off handbag? :)

 
At 9:38 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I had a dishwasher once, then we broke up. Yeah, get more yarn and then build up on the studio to store it!!

 
At 8:30 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Laurie Ann, I love the brick wall dishcloth! I really need to get Mason-Dixon Knitting now.

 
At 10:32 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Catherine, You don't really have to buy the Mason-Dixon book for just the dishcloth pattern (although it is an excellent book). This common pattern can be found here, on page 2:

http://websearch.cs.com/cs/boomframe.jsp?query=%22knitted+washcloths%22&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D238d1c7657b2fd3%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery%3D%2522knitted%2Bwashcloths%2522%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.keyway.net%252Fcrafts%252FFacecloth.htm%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3Dcscom%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.keyway.net%2Fcrafts%2FFacecloth.htm

It's the Textured Slipstitch-2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery