Friday, August 24, 2007

70's Redux

70's Ellen
The clothing styles of the 1970's have been back for awhile. Last night's WeHo SnB was fun, but no one's clothes were outrageous disco duds. I just wore the same clothes I used to wear in high school and college....jeans, work shirt, beads, sandals with the appropriate hair and make-up. I didn't wear glasses in the 70's, so I was missing the gold-wire spectacles. I was one of the few SnBr's present who was actually an adult in the 70's. The rest of the group were toddlers or not even born yet! They wore their glamorized versions of 70's-wear, or what they remember their Moms or Florence Henderson (Brady Bunch) wearing. Everyone looked lovely. I missed seeing some outrageous Sly and the Family Stone-wear; Elton John goofy eyewear and hats & glitter, truly whacked out hippie child clothes or cool caftans or dashikis on anyone. We did have a fun time in wishing Gwen the best in her new life at law school in Philadelphia. Thanks to Natalie and Carla for providing yummy refreshments!
Our Hostess with the Mostess, Ms. Natalie
Catherine and Erin
Sara
Kendra, working on a dance costume
Abby - Va-Va-Voom!

Catherine - Mahalo

Gwen, our guest of honor

Have a marvelous weekend everyone!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:04 PM PDT, Blogger Sachi said...

I miss you guys so much! I can't believe how long Sara's hair is!!!

 
At 4:24 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Looks like Farmer's Market was Funkytown last night! What a hoot!

Happy weekend!

 
At 5:12 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

ELLEN! I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT! It's the best. I stuck around as long as I could before heading off to Alem's show. At least I get to see all the happenings on here. Thanks!

 
At 7:05 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Ellen wins, but she had an unfair advantage over most of us. I actually tried to glue colored rhinestones onto a huge pair of sunglasses right before I left work ala Elton John, but the glue wouldn't hold.

 
At 1:43 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:12 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

Groovy man.

 
At 10:12 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe no body showed up in a huge fro wig with platform shoes and sparkly bell bottoms!! I grew up in the 70's (born in the late 60's) and I remember my favorite outfit were these really loud paisley bell bottom pants, and a long peasant shirt with a strand of hippie beads, or my peace sign necklace. Your post has broght back some fond memories! Oh I can just hear KC and the Sunshine band now!! LOLOL!

 
At 11:03 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Melissa!

Did you click on Carla's link in my post? You will see a full-on Fro-Wig, Dashiki and bad-i-tude!

Ellen B.

 
At 6:21 PM PDT, Blogger Sally said...

In the 70s my crowd was wearing flea market retro, funny how everyone remembers it differently.

 
At 1:07 AM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Gee, I should have come and kept you company as another adult-in-the-70's. However, I seem to have spent most of the decade in maternity clothes ('71, '75, '77 models) and no way am I going back to those! And I have to say, yours was the most authentic getup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery