Monday, August 13, 2007

Totebags 'R Us

Crocheted Granny Tote - 2004
I am a firm believer in the necessity of owning multiple totebags. From a GREEN standpoint, it's always good to have a totebag handy in your car if you happen to stop by the market or any other store. We want to refrain from using non-biodegradable plastic bags. Totebags not only hold groceries, they can hold my most prized possession.....yarn! They can be used as mini-storage units for your stash until you have time to file the yarn into proper bins. We like to carry books, records (oops, I mean CDs), lunch, magazines, etc. I like to knit and crochet my own totes. Some of my totes in regular rotation are:
Grocery Tote, often used for yarn!
Favorite Multi-Use Tote
Crocheted with Thrift-Shop Granny Squares




Oilcloth Tote with Multiple Pockets

I was fortunate to receive many totes for my recent b-day. I LOVE all of my totes. I can always use MORE totes. Check out a few:


Tiki-Tote, embroidered by Mary Jo


Batik Tote from Crazy Aunt Purl


L.A. Map Tote, from Audrey & Jeff


Oilcloth Tote from Madge, Marie, Mary, Jillian, Annette

Envirosax from Beth

there are 5 different foldable, washable totes in each pouch!


Original Design Tote Sewn by Carla



Carla's Tote is REVERSIBLE!!!

Hand-Embroidered by the oh, so talented Carla!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:15 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Ellen! Your totebag collection is awesome. Are there more?

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:26 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I'm a sucker for a good tote bag. When I was a bus rider, I couldn't get enough. I'm totally buying those Envirosax next payday.

 
At 3:51 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Never too many bags, I agree! And oh my, I don't think I spied the last tote. That is beyond fabulous!

 
At 4:57 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Great collection of tote bags! I might be catching up to you on quantity, but certainly not on quality. Mine either have logos from some freebie giveaway, or they are store bags. Well, except for my favorite Edward Gorey designed "cats, books--life is good" bag that made me buy it when I was working at that V-place! PS, Annette's blog is at http://confessionsofayarnaddict.blogspot.com

 
At 6:24 PM PDT, Blogger Lulu said...

i love totes...Love the trader joes one and the LA one also...

 
At 10:47 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Totally tote-alicious!

 
At 6:18 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very talented, lucky and obviously much-adored young lady. Love the totes!

 
At 11:34 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Great totes! (sorry, it's hot, I've got the flu and my brain has melted) Love MJ's and Carla's embroidered ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery