Monday, October 08, 2007

Wristy Weekend

I was obsessive about knitting Wristys for most of the weekend! I finished up another pair made from Vanna's Choice yarn in a taupe color. I'm almost done with a pair made from mystery yarn, obtained from Beth, thru Faith, thru Heather (formerly of A Mano) at the WeHo SnB last week. I'm 90% done with the pair pictured above, made with Noro Kureyon, #150. For this pair of Wristys, I used this pattern.
I've been reading alot about wristwarmers online. It seems that people do not like a thumb sleeve in their Wristys, because it impedes their dexterity on the computer, playing guitar, etc. Woo Hoo! Much easier to knit these things without the added thumb! Thank you internets. Must go knit some more Wristys!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:42 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

Love how this wristie turned out! Pretty colorway. I wish there were instructions on doing it on dpns - I just don't like seaming!

Your recipients are going to be very happy!

 
At 3:22 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Plus, LOVE the added cable!!!

Personally, if I can type with 1/2 fingers, I can type with thumbs, but who am I to argue with the innerwebs?!

 
At 5:24 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:02 PM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

Darling wristies. The friend is lucky to receive this toasty and beautiful pair.

 
At 9:31 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

oooo....love the noro wristies. very pretty.

 
At 9:38 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Nice wristies! Now that you're on a wristies kick, you have got to make some Fetchings. They're my favorite. Or Dashings too.

 
At 10:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I preferred mine without the thumb -- after I made my first pair with a thumb gusset, I haven't been able to go back to the plain opening. These Kureyon ones look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery