Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eyeglasses

Some of Ellen's Eyeglass Collection
For me, eyeglass frames are a fashion accessory. Of course, I do need my glasses so I can see properly. Since this blog is all about my hobbies, travels and ME, ME, ME, I thought I'd inventory my eyeglass frames. Yeah, it's a slow blog day.

All of the frames pictured above were purchased at various L.A. Eyeworks' sales within the past 5 or 6 years. I do wear other glasses from other shops too.

I go through eyeglass phases. For awhile, I was only wearing my red glasses (lower right). I would switch off with my green glasses (upper right) for variety. Depending on what I'm wearing, I'll switch off to my basic black glasses or my flashy pink/red combo. I'm waiting for the orange/camel combo from L.A. Eyeworks to be on sale. Right now, I've been wearing my tortoise shell glasses, almost exclusively, except for special fashion occasions.



Larry and I missed the L.A. Eyeworks sale this past season. I suppose that's a good thing. I really don't NEED any new glasses, but I do want some! What's your favorite fashion accessory?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 5:04 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

My favorite fashion accessory? I have a favorite necklace that may have been seen at the WeHo SNB. It is a 1641 French coin with Louis XIV on the head side. I like the back side with the shield containing several Fleur de Lys, much better so that is the side that is framed to wear.

 
At 6:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your glasses. They so suit you - whatever colour you pick is always perfect.

I've been rocking the wide elastic hair band due to a 2007 haircut disaster that is growing out so s-l-o-w-l-y. I've forgotten to wear earrings for the last (how old are my kids?...) couple of years. In my youth I had 7 pairs of cowboy boots, one could never go wrong with that. Soon it will be summer and maybe I can find some zories. That's what my mom calls flip flops.

I wear 2 green stone rings from Chinatown, one on each hand. I think that's about it. I'm experimenting with no watch as every device (cell, iPaq, computer, telephone, microwave, stove, VCR, DVD) has a clock in it these days.

Love your blog!

 
At 7:06 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

You just look great in all those frames. I think my faves are the cats, though, 'cause I do love some cats.

My fave accessory? The kerchief. Though my mother only wore them on bad hair days and my grandmother referred to them as "head rags," I find them very '70s and irresistible!

 
At 9:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your eyeglass collection is fantastic. I alternate between three different pairs (plus a pair of cheapy reading glasses) and this post definitely confirmed my need for more, more, more!

 
At 9:08 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Glasses and shoes. Love me some shoes. And sparkly things. All things sparkly. Outer adornment for the inner magpie.

 
At 7:07 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Wow - I've seen a couple pairs I think, but I had no idea! What a fab collection. You and Mary-Heather should compare notes!

 
At 11:23 AM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

You do have the best eye for glasses! (tee he) I love all your colored frames and that sale is great, makes me want to wear glasses.
My favorite since childhood is shoes and today I am wearing a cute pair of red patton flats I got for 80% off at DSW.Woo hoo
I also love collecting jewelry but often I end up wearing the same pieces unless I am going on some fancy outing.

 
At 12:20 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful smile. :)

 
At 1:51 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

You're famous for your eyeglasses!

Fave accessory has to be retro costume jewelry. Esp. sparkly brooches. I love me a rhinestone brooch.

 
At 2:23 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Shoes and earrings. Earrings take up very little storage space, so I can have many many pairs!

 
At 2:14 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered also using pinhole glasses?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery