Friday, January 30, 2009

Obsession #185

Noro Kureyon Yarn, #185

I am obsessed with Noro Kureyon, color #185. I'm a 185-a-holic. I have lots of this colorway. I'm afraid that Noro may discontinue it one day. There's something about this particular combination of colors that just knocks me out. I suppose I could just put solid yarns together in stripes, using similar colors, but it just wouldn't be the same.
I have knit and crocheted many projects with this colorway.
FAN-tastic crocheted scarf

crocheted and felted tote bag

Fernwood Woolworks knitted socks


knitted striped scarf (#185 with #172, for variety)



unfinished cable knit handbag

in progress, crocheted newsboy hat

in progress, Seraphina Shawl, crocheted with sock yarn

Last night at the WeHo SnB, Lauren suggested that I fashion a costume for next year's Halloween Stitch 'n Witch where I become a skein of Noro Kureyon #185. Excellent idea, Lauren...thanks!

I will continue to knit and crochet with this incredibe colorway, as long as it survives. Cheers to #185, Noro and to you! Have a great weekend!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 12:51 PM PST, Blogger Annette said...

I'm a fan too!

 
At 1:45 PM PST, Blogger Susan Wike said...

Gorgeous stuff! I especially love the scarf.
Never apologize for your obsessions! (That's my motto!)

 
At 2:54 PM PST, Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

Isn't it neat how everything knits (and crochets) up differently, color-wise?

I do love Noro colors!

 
At 3:58 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

You know how to work that Noro! Everything is gorgeous!

 
At 5:19 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply must ask: Where do I get directions for that fantastic scarf!

 
At 5:24 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Lei...

The FANtastic scarf is really a bookmark pattern by Crochetroo. You can find directions (English, Australian and American) here:
http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

 
At 7:15 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

So I have to wonder - what do you think a Noro stripe scarf would look like if you used two skeins of #185 but started the second skein at a different point in the color sequence?

 
At 9:18 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

You have most excellent taste in colorways!

How many skeins of the sock yarn will you need for the Sarafina?

 
At 8:09 PM PST, Blogger inkberryblue said...

It really is a gorgeous colourway! I think I might have to add it to my small but growing collection of Noro. =]

 
At 1:53 PM PST, Blogger Allison said...

I realize I'm not helping, but I have 10 skeins of Noro Kureyon Sock in #185 on sale at supercrafty.com...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery