Friday, April 10, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Ahhhh! The '70's! So many of my fiber friends think that photos from the 1970's are VINTAGE. I suppose, to them, 30-40 years ago is ancient history. To me, photos from the '70's look so current.

Yeah, I'm old.

I've recently been getting messages on classmates.com from many of my old friends from high school. We've got a reunion coming up next year. Yikes! I only have a year to lose 100 pounds!

Here's a blurry version of my prom photo. That's me with high school band drum major, Kelly. He was really cute and such a nice guy! We met up again at our 20th high school reunion. At that time, he was a police officer out in La Habra. I haven't seen him since, but have fond memories of the prom at the Beverly Hills Hotel! Woo Hoo.

Ellen and Kelly, 1970

Only four years later, I was a bride. I'm not married any longer to Husband #1. Husband #2, Mr. Larry is far superior!!! As you can see, I might have some tears in my eyes as I stand next to Mom and Dad at the Ambassador Hotel on my first wedding day! I must have known that this marriage was a mistake.

Ellen, Roz and George Bloom, 1974

The wedding, however, was really lovely. It was in the Venetian Room at the Ambassador Hotel, Mid-Wilshire, Los Angeles. There were 250 guests for luncheon on a Sunday. Bernie Richards and his Orchestra performed and everyone had a splendid time!

Click and scroll down to see more Vintage Photo Fridays.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 9:30 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Married at the Ambassador, how classic :)

You know, lately not a day goes by that don't run into a reference to something from the 1980s as "vintage" and it makes me absolutely cringe. Because the 1980s were, you know, like *yesterday* in my memory!

 
At 11:47 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love the prom photo! You two look stunning against that red background.

If you want an 80's flashback I will have to dig up my prom photo.

George looks like he is saying something out of the corner of his mouth. Maybe, "Are you sure you want to do this kid?"

You sure are a beautiful bride!

 
At 12:10 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

The wedding photo is lovely, even if the marriage wasn't! I love how sophisticated your mom looks—Mother of the Bride is a difficult look for anyone to pull off, but your mom did it with aplomb!

 
At 12:19 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Awwww...don't feel bad - I have friends in their 20's who think the 80's are "retro"! And by the way - my prom was at the Beverly Hills Hotel also!

 
At 3:05 PM PDT, Blogger Annette said...

Love the photos Ellen! You are a beautiful bride!

 
At 5:16 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAH! You scored the drum major?! Sweet. And I agree - you were a beautiful bride.

Fortunately, I never went to prom, so I won't have that to live down, but Wee Monkey Girl is already questioning my HS fashion choices and drill team membership. Nice!

 
At 7:47 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love these! Why do you never look oooky in your vintage photos like the rest of us? It must be growing up in Beverly Hills, you look gorgeous.

ps that shawl/scarf is just perfect in those colors, love that yarn..

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I agree you were a beautiful bride even if the marriage didn't last. If you hadn't had that starter marriage you may never have gotten to this one!

BTW, I have photos of my one and only marriage and I AM crying walking down the aisle.

Happy Passover

 
At 11:20 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Such fun to see your photos...thanks for sharing your life with us. Aww, romance is in the air. You're a beautiful bride.

 
At 7:59 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Ha ha! They look quite current to me, too.

I always enjoy your old photos, Ellen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery