Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Really Working


I'm on vacation from my day job for a few days. I really like my job, the company where I work and the people I work with. I like sitting at my desk, doing my clerical chores, of filing, answering phones, preparing documents along with cruisin' the web in a nice, air-conditioned setting. I have accumulated too many vacation days. I really have to use them. So, I decided to take off a few days surrounding my b-day, which is Monday.
I'm having a tiny b-day brunch on Sunday with a few of my knitster friends. If you read my blog you know that we've been doing some remodeling this year. Our house is chaos. There are bins and piles of stuff in the living and dining rooms that don't belong there. We're slowly re-organizing and clearing things out. There is lots of caulking, touching-up and hanging of paintings to be done. There's nothing like having a little get-together to push us to get everything in order.
So, today, tomorrow and Friday I'll REALLLLLLY be working! Some vacation, huh?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:50 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Let me be the first (at least in your comments) to wish you a HAPPY BIRFTDAY!!!!! You certainly deserve it. And don't work too hard; it's HOT out there!

 
At 12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ellen! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person!! (Us Cancer kids gotta stick together!). Enjoy some of your vacation days and keep crafting! See ya soon at Fairview. Debbie

 
At 12:42 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

It might be hard work but what an excellent birthday present to yourself it'll be to have the place togther. (There's nothing like guests to make you clean a house....) Happy Bday in advance, fellow crab - although I guess you're on the Leo cusp.

 
At 6:30 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Even though the work will be hard, the rewards are so worth it, To have your place ready to entertain. Enjoy your special day.

 
At 8:26 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Your birthday is making me have to clean house too! Carla is a-coming and you know how those extra bedrooms just stockpile yarn and such. I gotta make room so she can sleep. I will be sweating it out and cleaning right along with you these next few days.

can't wait to celebrate!

 
At 8:41 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Happy Birthday! But don't work too hard.

See you soon I hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery