Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday Supper

Ingredients for Lemon Basil Cake
I modified my cooking this weekend and only experimented with two new dishes. I baked the Lemon Basil Cake. It turned out beautifully. The final presentation, accompanied by fresj raspberries, was delicious.

On Sunday, after our Sometimes Sunday Crochet Group met, I was kinda' tired. The weather this weekend was muggy and exhausting. I wasn't up for creating anything spectacular for dinner. I made a nice green salad. Then, I popped Trader Joe's Mushroom Risotto into the microwave and sauteed some shrimp and shallots in garlic, butter and lemon juice. I tossed the shrimp mixture into the risotto after steaming some zucchini and we had a lovely dinner! Thank you, T.J.'s for great fixin's for a wonderfully easy and delicious meal.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee that looks mighty fancy! Very impressive.

Christine G.

 
At 2:08 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Everything sounds and looks yummy, especially the cake. yumyum I want some.

 
At 6:30 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I second that, Trader Joe's makes having a decent meal pretty easy. Looks yummy! I'm glad the muggy weather is over.

 
At 9:20 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I really need to stop reading your blog before I go to sleep. It's making me want a midnight snack. mmm lemon basil cake....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery