Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Technology

Larry and I have had our cellphones for almost ten years. The battery never runs down, it always works and the reception is pretty good. My big complaint with our ancient phones is that they're too big and heavy! Also, people used to laugh at me when they saw me raise the antenna on my ol' phone. So, last week we decided to upgrade to smaller, more efficient phones.
After waiting forever, a salesperson finally helped us. She said we should take our old Nokia phones to the "Antiques Roadshow" next time they're in town. Smart-alec.
We just got basic flip-phones. They are compact and lightweight. I am having a few problems getting used to the many techno-possibilities offered by this new model. Ol' Ellen has to study the manual a bit longer to get up to speed,.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 2:11 PM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

I loved my Nokia. We're techno savers too - we only upgrade when the old one stops working.

 
At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jenn,

Believe me, I hated to part with my trusty Nokia phone. I can still switch back if I get really annoyed with this new-fangled contraption!

 
At 2:21 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Let me know if you need help, Ellen! I just upgraded to an iPhone and am LOVING it.

 
At 5:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

You just crack me up. I too cannot believe that you had that Nokia for so long! Welcome to the present.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 8:46 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

I think what your upgraded to is already obsolete. My iPhone is my life line. Sick I know, but I can't live without it.

 
At 9:54 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Anonymous! Yeah, I'm sure my little flip phone is already obsolete. I sit at my computer all day, so I really don't need an I-Phone or Blackberry. I don't need to be connected by internet constantly. All I really needed was a simple phone. This phone even has a camera which I really don't need! Sheesh!

 
At 8:52 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) The camera comes in handy. I'm just sayin'...

 
At 1:49 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

have fun with your new gadget

 
At 6:28 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

I'm a big fan of the LG phones so I'm hoping you'll be happy with your new ones. I tried a Motorola phone a few years ago and traded it in for another LG as soon as possible!

And yes, I agree MonkeyGurrrrrl - the camera really does come in handy sometimes!

 
At 3:17 PM PDT, Blogger Strickmuse said...

Just saying, those old Nokia models were the best. The battery lasted forever compared to the new other phones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery