Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Aunts, Uncles and Cousins

L-R: Grandpa Lawrence, Uncle Mort, Dad, Uncle Hi
and Little Kenny Bloom
, Hollywood 1950

On Saturday, Larry and I drove to San Diego with Mom and Hal for my Aunt Betty's and Uncle Hi's 60th wedding anniversary. We met up with cousins and friends at a Chinese Restaurant near Point Loma, San Diego.
Aunt Betty and Uncle Hi were married in 1950 in my grandparents house in Hollywood. Of course, I wasn't there, but my older brother, Ken was in attendance. Above is a photo of all the men in the Bloom family, at the wedding.
The party was very nice....lots of Betty's and Hi's friends from San Diego and from L.A. Since it was one day from Chinese New Year, my cousin Sasha arranged for Chinese Dragon performers and musicians to come thru the party. That really livened things up with all those 80 and 90-year-olds in attendance!! I tried to get a clear picture of the dragon performers, but they were moving so fast and the light was low, so I couldn't quite get them.
We had delicious little square cupcakes for dessertThis is my favorite picture of the evening.
Mom and Hal, so interested and involved!
Even with all that driving and traffic, it was a wonderful evening. We had a good time. Happy anniversary Aunt Betty and Uncle Hi!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Awww. I love their wedding photo. It's always more interesting to me when the bride and groom go less formal and wear their sharpest clothes rather than a wedding gown and tux.

 
At 9:00 AM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

More Bloom Family Style!

 
At 4:34 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

60 years is amazing and your family always celebrates in high style. Dragons! I bet Betty and Hy never would have imagined that when they got married.

 
At 6:05 AM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

Okay - Betty and Hi were as attractive as a movie star couple. Wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery