Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Imagine

I was working on this sweater, called "Imagine" for awhile and abandoned it. I've frogged two other projects with this yarn. I love the yarn. I just couldn't find the perfect marriage of sweater to yarn for this Queensland Collection Kathmandu DK weight in a beautiful olive tweed.
Hopefully, I have found a match. I've cobbled together a few crochet cardigan patterns and come up with this nice shell-stitch cardi. I'm working on the sleeves now, then will tackle the trim and button band.
Speaking of IMAGINE, I picked up a few skeins of dream yarn last week. I close my eyes and imagine what I would make from this beautiful yarn. Sometimes, the imagining is better than the knitting and crocheting. Maybe that's why I have bins and bins of yarn with very few garments to show for all of my stash!
The following yarns were purchased at Twist, Yarns of Intrigue in Manhattan Beach:

1 Skein Malabrigo, Worsted Weight, Color: "Plena"
I imagine a Mardi Gras Hat for Next Year
2 Skeins, Malabrigo Sock Yarn, Color: Ravelry Red
I imagine some fantastic lacy shawl
1 Skein (650 yards!) Twist Superfine Alpaca, Color: Cinnamon
So soft....not sure what I'll make with this gorgeous stuff!

The last two yarns were purchased at The Slipt Stitch in El Segundo:
1 Skein Berroco's Vintage Wool, Color: Grass Green
I Imagine a Wooly Scarf for Mom

2 Skeins Silkience by Ella Rae, Color: Pinky Red
I Imagine Another Lacy, Light Scarf for Mom
Do you have some DREAM YARN? What have you been imagining lately?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

I cannot wait to see what you finally do with that Kathmandu DK yarn. You always seem to be pulling it out of your project bag with another idea. This one looks like a keeper, though.

 
At 5:34 PM PST, Anonymous Twilight said...

How do you like Malabrigo? I just finished a sweater with it and the dye was all over the place. But it feels so soft to knit with.

 
At 5:36 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Twilight! I've been watching your progress on Thebes' sweater...it's lookin' good!

I haven't worked with the Malabrigo sock yarn yet. I have made a few things with the worsted weight, and it blocks out just fine...no loss of color.

 
At 6:04 PM PST, Anonymous Twilight said...

Thanks! I had meant the dye varied a lot from ball to ball. You're right about the blocking. The armpits were tight on Thebes but now they fit great! Now all I need is a zipper. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery