Monday, October 25, 2010

The Eyeglasses Have It!

I consider eyeglasses a necessity AND a fashion accessory! At my age, the camouflage of wearing eyeglasses, a hairdo with bangs, glitzy earrings and red lipstick all manage to disguise the fact that I'm aging. Well, at least I think so. If people are looking at your accessories, maybe they won't notice the wrinkles under your eyes!
Larry and I really enjoy going to the L.A. Eyeworks annual eyeglass frame sale. They design some fabulous and expensive frames. The sale gives us a chance to load up on these stylish accessories. It's also like a party at the shop during the sale. We often meet other 4-eyed friends and have a grand time trying on frames. It's kind of like a dress-up party!

Gai (behnd the counter), Ron and Tetsuji
Rhoda
Ron
Ellen
Larry

We met Rhoda on Friday night at the shop and ran into Ron and Tetsuji too. Naturally, everyone was trying on everyone else's frames. I bought one pair (very thrifty for me), Larry bought 2 pairs, Rhoda bought 2 pairs.
The next day we met up with Mom, Hal, Guy, Alice and B for breakfast at Factor's Deli. They had to try on my new frames too!

B. and Alice
Guy
Roz
See how much fun the game, "eyeglass frame dress-up" can be?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:56 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I was so sad last night when I threw away the postcard after not having made it to the sale....next year?? Your new pair are quite cute! I just got new glasses recently at Costco - a bargain!!

5 more days....

 
At 7:08 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

So fun! The new specs are great.

 
At 8:13 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I had a blast on Friday afternoon, and got the best pair for $40 bucks. I love them!

 
At 8:31 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You know how much I admire your specs collection, one of these years I am going to make it to that sale. Maybe next. Considering the price of new frames retail, I can almost rationalize the trip,if I bought 2 or 3 pairs, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery