Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving in Los Angeles

Glenn Dumont, 4, and Donna Lyn Dumont, 8, are awed by the turkey their grandmother, Mrs. A. John Gallagher, readies for their Thanksgiving dinner.
November 21, 1956, Los Angeles Herald Examiner. From the L.A. Public Library Photo Archives

Preparations for Thanksgiving are underway! Are you brining your bird? Have you pre-boiled the potatoes for mashing? Did you remember to buy the canned mushroom soup for that green bean casserole?
I'll be dining OUT with my family this year. I do love getting together with all my cousins and aunties. There are usually about 30 of us. I'll be cooking an abbreviated turkey dinner at home for just the two of us over the weekend. We might try barbecuing portions of the bird!
Hoping to have nice, clear weather in Los Angeles for Thanksgiving. Yesterday, the sky over Santa Monica looked like this:
Today, the skies are less ominous:
I hope you have a sunny and delicious Thanksgiving feast!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:27 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ellen! Hope you and Larry have lots of fun with the family.

Christine G.

 
At 6:29 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

BRRRR it sure feels like WINTER! Been knitting up a storm for friends and for me. JP and I will be spending Thanksgiving and enjoying a nice meal I plan to make. This weekend I'll be trying in earnest to learn to spin - yikes!

 
At 8:41 PM PST, Anonymous Patricia said...

It's funny how women were once referred to as "Mrs. John Smith" or whatever their husband's first name was.....instead of their own first names!

 
At 8:41 PM PST, Anonymous Patricia said...

It's funny how women were once referred to as "Mrs. John Smith" or whatever their husband's first name was.....instead of their own first names!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery