Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Queen of Green

Knitted Noro Silk Garden Scarflette

Lately, I'm the Queen of Green. I've been knitting and crocheting with yarn in the green, blue and aqua families. Many of my friends favor this side of the color chart, so I'm stock-piling greenish items for future gift giving!

Crocheted Araucania Ranco Serafina ShawletteKnitted Aslan Guanaco Dot Shawl (in progress)

I did complete something that is NOT green. It's an afghan for a special cousin's wedding, coming up in July. I'm calling it "Diamonds are Forever." This is an afghan pattern that I memorized decades ago. I've made variations of this pattern over the years.

Crocheted Lionbrand Acrylic "Diamonds are Forever" Afghan

What are you working on now? Do you find that you tend to make things in one color family?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 12:43 PM PDT, Blogger Mia said...

And here I was all this time thinking that I'm the Queen of Green. Thanks for setting me straight! ; )

 
At 12:46 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh Mia! YOU are the Queen of Green. I'm just a Princess! Most of my friends call me Agent Orange!

 
At 12:53 PM PDT, Anonymous Suze said...

Trying to USE UP YARN by making another "Dottie Angel" / patchwork-type blanket.

 
At 6:04 AM PDT, Blogger Amy said...

I love the border on the "diamond" one! How did you make that edging? Is there a pattern, or is that from your head?

So pretty!!!

 
At 7:44 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Amy, Thanks for the compliments. The border for this afghan is from Doris Chan's "All Shawl" pattern. It's free on Ravelry. I just added a few more chains around the corners so it would fit.

 
At 11:20 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I've got the blues lately...seems like I usually do during the summer months. I am finishing up a shawl in various blues, spinning yarns in blue and just generally gravitating toward colors of the sea and sky...

 
At 11:25 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Lady Lino! Great hearing from you and I'm so glad you're back to blogging! Blue is good! I must get back to my oranges, reds, burgundies and purples!!!

 
At 9:15 AM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

I do like the blue family. I find it's an easy color to wear and coordinate. I do love a good red though!

 
At 10:04 AM PDT, Blogger Amy said...

Awesome -- thanks!! I will check that out. Happy hooking! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery