Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trendsetter

The El Segundo Slipt Stitchers @ Trendsetter Yarns Warehouse

On gloomy, rainy Saturday morning I zipped out to Van Nuys.  Our El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Knitting Guild met at Trendsetter Yarns for our regular monthly meeting.  Trendsetter is NOT open to the public, so this was a very special field trip for my yarny friends!

ESSS President Peggy w/Trendsetter New Pattern Samples

After our brief business meeting, Barry Klein, owner and designer, gave us a preview of Trendsetter's new yarns along with new patterns.  Barry, along with the other designers at Trendsetter are very clever with their designs.  They put together the most interesting combination of yarns and stitches to highlight the different properties of each pattern.  

Trendsetter Owner & Designer, Barry Klein

After Barry showed us the Spring 2013 collection, we were let loose in the warehouse with a price list.  It was a bit overwhelming.  There were sample garments next to each yarn type on the shelves, so we could see how the yarn looks in knitted form.  Believe me, I wanted to steal a few of those sample garments!  I especially liked seeing the Mitred Cross Coat/Kimono!  This pattern was originally written for use in an afghan.  I love the idea of making a coat out of these squares! 
Brandi goes over her notes

Suji, checking out the samples
Trying on Samples

It was a very fun morning!  I bought an entire bag (10 skeins) of Trendsetter's Merino 8 Shadow which is a worsted weight yarn in beautiful, soft brown tones.  Not sure what I'll make with it, but I love it's squooshiness!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery