Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Outdoor World...Inside

 

Before we left Las Vegas the other day we stopped at Outdoor World and Bass Pro Shop.  Wow!  This is the hugest building and collection of outdoor gear I have ever seen!  They stock everything for fishing, hunting, boating, camping and almost any other type of outdoor recreation gear you can think of.  The building looks like a traditional hunting lodge.  This is a chain.  We have one nearby in Rancho Cucamonga, but have never visited.

View from the Loft
This place is decorated like Disneyland.  There are entire landscapes with lions, bears, hunters, fishermen, rock climbers, real fish and more.  Every corner of this store is like a perfect Kodak spot to snap a memorable photo. 

Fish Pillows

I checked out the clothing section.  Since the weather has been so freezing lately, I could  always use another hoodie or some thick hiking socks.  I didn't find anything I liked, but I did find a very cool item in the fishing gear section.  I remembered that my friends, Mary Jo and Ana store their circular knitting needles in some sort of binder for fishing gear.  I looked around and found the Extreme Worm Binder.  It has plastic bags in a perfectly sized binder with a carrying case for my collection of circs!
The only thing missing at the Las Vegas store is a restaurant where we could have had a hearty bowl of venison stew.  I did some research and the store closer to us houses the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant which offers venison stuffed mushrooms, alligator and many other gamey delicacies.  I see a field trip in our future to Rancho Cucamonga.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery