Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Clogs

Carved Wood Wedding Clogs

In my advanced years, I just cannot function wearing high heels or any other fashionably styled shoes.  I've been wearing clog-type shoes for a long time.  Danskos, Sanitas, Crocs and more.  Ever since my friend, Ana introduced me to Alegria clogs, I've been hooked.  Whenever I switch to different shoes, my knees hurt.  Yes, they're clunky looking, but I'm at the point in my life where comfort is key!
Traditional Wooden Dutch Clogs
Ellen's Tooled Leather Mules - not comfortable!
Felted Clogs (Ellen-left; Mary Jo-right)
Want!
Clear Vinyl Clogs, showing off socks knit by Mary Jo
Want!
Ellen's Latest Alegria Clogs
Which clogs do you like wearing the most?  Inquiring minds need to know!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your latest Alegrias are pretty tempting!

After years of living in Danskos, I had to stop wearing them because they made my knees hurt. I've gone completely the other direction - shoes with flat, soft, flexible soles - and my knees, as well as my feet, have been happy ever since.

 
At 5:31 PM PST, Blogger joyceetta said...

I had to stop wearing my Danskos because I kept twisting my ankle and kind of "falling off to the side" (not actually falling). I've talked to many people who have had this same experience. I keep thinking I should try to sell them....they were expensive. Haven't really looked for other more wearable clogs but I'd love to find a pair!

 
At 7:06 AM PST, Blogger steptrig said...

I'm a Birkenstock fan. I also wear some Clark shoes, but not always dependable in the knee dept. Anything with too much wobble and I'm on the couch with the ice bag! I wear the outside of my heels off and Birks last the longest. I've mostly stuck to the clog style and sandals but want to get some dressier styles.

 
At 8:36 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Those new Alegrias are mighty cute! Dansko fan here, but mostly in winter I wear non-clog boots. Have been thinking about clog boots though for future seasons....
PS Really? ADVANCED YEARS?? I don't think so yet Ellen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery