Wednesday, September 30, 2015

EARLY Holiday Prep


Gifts from Suzette. Clockwise from upper left: Owlie, Donut, Slugzilla, Mr. and Mrs. Zombie

I may not actually crochet or knit any presents for the holidays YET, but I am thinking about it! Toys and little animals are always fun gifts. No matter how old the person is that your gifting, everyone likes a bit of whimsy! I love it when my friends make me animals, birds, monsters, etc. My friend, Suzette, is an expert at this. I've received many excellent creatures from her! Above are just a few!
I have a few fun toys or animals in mind that I'd like to crochet. Here are some patterns I found on Ravelry. Click on the captions to take you to the patterns.

Granny Square Kitty Cats

Little Chick Bean Bags

Scrap Soft Toy

Easy Crochet Owl

I'm not into making those small, fiddly animals or toys. I'm just not dexterous enough. Give me a chunky toy anytime. It always amazes me, when working on toys how they really start to delight when I add the details!  I made these little bears for Eve's twins. They were easy and fun!
Easy Peasy Teddy Bear

Years ago I crocheted Larry a 35 mm camera. I didn't have a pattern, I just simplified the shapes of the camera and sewed them all together.
Larry's Crocheted Camera
My ultimate toy crochet project was to make Ellen and Larry Dolls. I suppose I should update these dolls and make new ones with a few more wrinkles and gray hair!
Ellen and Larry Dolls

Have you started planning your holiday yarny gifts?  What are you creating?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM PDT, Blogger RossK said...

Oh Boy.

Better get cracking because this means that the annual opening of the 'Advent Jukebox' is only two months away!.

.

 
At 8:07 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahaha! Wow, Ross! An advent juke box sounds really cool!

 
At 1:51 PM PDT, Blogger RossK said...

Song-a-day!

We've done it for the last couple of years.

I'll send you a reminder when December starts; one of the kids is playing mandolin now, so we should have some different sounds.

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery