Friday, April 28, 2017

Vintage Photo Friday


1958, Sportsman's Lodge, Sherman Oaks, CA. The reception for my brother, Kenneth Bloom's Bar Mitzvah. Here I am with my Mom and my Aunties (L-R, back row) Roz, Celia, Mae.
I remember everyone's dresses. My Mom's was a textured, off-white suit with royal blue flowers. I still have the purse Mom was carrying. It's a pearlized, lucite, canteen-shaped bag.  Aunt Celia was wearing  an olive print dress and Aunt Mae's suit was shiny black. My little dress and hat were PINK!
It was my first big party that I remember. It was all very elegant. There were musicians (piano, violin and accordion) playing festive show tunes, fancy white table cloths and a beautiful big birthday, bar mitzvah cake! The Sportsman's Lodge was a wooded oasis in the middle of Ventura Boulevard.
Little Sis and the Bar Mitzvah Boy
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery